There are three main types of filling materials used in water cooling towers.
PVC film filling
Splash type fill
In this part, the filling materials, raw materials and physical structures will be examined by going out.
Two of them are manufactured from PP other PVC material.
The pp boots made of Pp material and those called pp splash type have the same and higher resistance temperatures.
Pp materials softening point begins at 145 and melts at 163 degrees. Pp material is melting point next to MFI. (melt flow index). It is a value starting from 2-3 and extending up to 300 times. A PP material of 300 MFI is active at the melting point of the fluid like water. However, a pp material of 2 m.f.I. is on the contrary the form of dark balsam at melting point. For this reason, the filling materials used in water cooling towers are used from 9 MFI materials. If it is thought that the maximum temperature that can be formed in the water cooling towers is 100 degrees, the material used for the filling material to react to this temperature must have a low value of the MFI.
The curved shape is molded in the cylindrical shape. The standard physical size is 63x63 mm. It is the most preferred filler type in the sector.
The splash-type filler is 60 x 60 cm in size and has a porous structure with a thickness of approx. 2 cm. It is the most durable but the most inefficient type of filling.
Some properties of the polypropylene material have also led to their use particularly in water cooling towers.
- The durability to heat is quite long.
- protects the chemical structure and form at high temperatures.
- Acidic and basic strengths such as CTP (glass fiber reinforced polyester) are high.
- they do not show any corrosion, melting or decay, they do not give the color, odor and taste of the liquid they are in contact with.
- their flexibility is sufficient.
- they can form smooth surfaces in molds.
- no parasitic effects, which is a very important feature in water cooling towers
- the coefficient of friction is low.
- lime does not hold, only solid particles carried by air in the filling part in the cooling towers are adhered to the fillings, and the formation of lime is observed on these structures.
- cost effective.
Another filling system made of PVC material is pvc film filling.
The type of filling that has the highest surface among the filling types. There are serious disadvantages as well as the fact that the surface is wide. The most important of these is that they are easily clogged and almost impossible to clean up again.
The most important disadvantage of Pvc material is low temperature resistance. The deformation starting by changing the pvc material form over 45 degrees causes the surface to become completely unusable by crumpling at higher temperatures.
The thickness of the pvc material used in the water cooling sector is 0,35 mm unless stated otherwise. However, this thickness will be further reduced during molding. This thickness variation varies depending on the fillet type and the width and height of the pot. For increasing filler surface and homogeneous distribution on the surface, film type fillings produced as 13 - 19 and 30 mm are produced as lumpy as possible.